Since 1976, St. Joseph Center has been meeting the needs of low-income and homeless individuals and families in Venice, Santa Monica, Mar Vista, and surrounding communities. Multifaceted intervention, prevention, and education services are carried out at five sites on the Westside of Los Angeles. St. Joseph Center’s integrated programs provide clients with concentrated and coordinated access to services according to the nature of their needs.
- Homeless Service Center provides long-term case management aimed at permanent housing, offers referrals for critical services such as substance abuse treatment, and makes emergency services, such as shelter placement, showers, laundry, and mailboxes available to homeless individuals and families.
- Our Chronic Homeless Initiatives reach out to the most vulnerable homeless individuals in Venice and Santa Monica and help them transition into permanent supportive housing.
- Bread and Roses Café serves hot, nutritious meals to homeless men, women, and children in a welcoming atmosphere of dignity and respect.
- Affordable Housing assists people in securing and maintaining permanent housing.
- Senior Services provides case management and mental health services to at-risk housed and homeless older adults, with an emphasis on eviction-prevention services and housing placement.
- Monetary Advisory Program provides at-risk mentally ill adults with case management, money management, financial literacy classes, along with help finding and maintaining housing.
- Veterans Representative Payee Program provides at-risk veterans with case management, money management, financial literacy classes, along with help finding and maintaining housing.
Prevention and Education Services
- Food Pantry provides low-income households with supplemental groceries, nutrition education, and workshops designed to increase wellbeing and support progress toward self-sufficiency.
- Family Center serves working poor families and individuals with case management, emergency services and targeted mental health outreach and treatment.
- Culinary Training Program educates unemployed adults in food service and life skills and helps them obtain jobs.
- Early Learning Center provides enriched childcare and parent education that nurtures children’s healthy development while promoting stability and self-sufficiency for their families.
follow the links on the left to learn more about each program.